Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Can I use large cake cases instead of ramekins?

I want to make a dish where you bake salmon and eggs together in a ramekin dish and I don't really want to go out and buy ramekin dishes as I will only use them once. Thank youCan I use large cake cases instead of ramekins?
You can but since the recipe is designed for the smaller size you won't cook it for the same amount of time and it might not taste the same because you are changing the ratio of the edge to center. Ramekins can be purchased for less than a dollar a piece. Once you have them they come in handy for small desserts. Might be worth getting them if you really want to make the recipe.Can I use large cake cases instead of ramekins?
Yes you can You will have to extend the cooking time though since there will be more distance to the center of your pan. The edges may be a little brown though as it is important to cook all the way to the middle.
  • foundation makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment