Saturday, August 7, 2010

How many times could I (or would it effect me to) continue tickets? Virginia Traffic Court Continuing Cases?

I am not seeking an opinion on my driving. Noone knows the situation, and No, I have no excuse, I do not care to much explain the actual situations. I'm seeking only advice purely on the matter here: 2 reckless driving tickets, one in gloucester county, county cop, 70/45 middle of night ticket, and I don't even think it was me! Next situation: York County, avoided accident by swerving into left turn lane, ';ran a red light and could have costed property damage.'; - even though I clearly was AVOIDING a brake-slammer! anyway... I continued the gloucester r/d, about 1 and 1/2 months. I'm about to continue the york one today. I was wondering. I'm leaving the state, moving, to TX DEC. next year. I was planning on continuing these tickets UNTIL then, and taking them in court right before i leave, incase i lose my license, then leaving to TX. Is there a limit on continuing? Would this be difficult? Do i need an excuse prior to doing so each time?


All answers greatly appreciated!How many times could I (or would it effect me to) continue tickets? Virginia Traffic Court Continuing Cases?
Most courts will grant one continuance without requiring any justification for you needing it. After the first one though, most courts will have guidelines regarding what circumstances are acceptable reasons for receiving any further continuance.





Though a continuance may help you to secure legal advice, or provide time to arrange your finances better, in the majority of cases you are delaying the inevitable.......which may be a good thing if it provides you time to ';clean up your act';

No comments:

Post a Comment