Saturday, August 21, 2010

Can you help me with German cases?

I am revising my German grammar for an exam and I am getting stuck with the cases. I have figured out how cases change the 'the' or 'one', for example, how accusative changes 'der' to 'den' but I don't know how the cases affect the end of the noun. I know sometimes you have to add s or other letters, but I can't figure out which ones? I need to know these for the accusative, dative and genitive cases.Please help!Can you help me with German cases?
Heya,





this is one of the most ';problematic'; suject that ppl have at learning german. It's not so difficult if you know when to use each of the cases.


When u'll know them - u just need to know the terminations (Endungen)





-----------Mas ------------ Fem ---------- Neu ----------- Pl.


Nom: --der (ein) ----- die (eine) ----- das (ein) ------ die --





Akk: ---den (einen)---- die (eine)----- das (ein) ------ die --





Dat: ----dem (einem)-- der (einer) --- dem (einem)--den (n)





Gen:----des (s) ---------- der -------------des (s)---------- derCan you help me with German cases?
You need a decent German grammar book.


nom acc gen dat


masc. der den des* dem





fem. die die der der





neut. das das des* dem





Plural:





die die der**den**





* noun takes the -es form





** plural takes the -en form

No comments:

Post a Comment